I’ve been tinkering around with a lot of things in the last year. Everytime I thought about writing a “How to setup…” post, I felt like there wasn’t much value I could add that didn’t exist already. For eg - “How to setup Home Assistant”.
However! I’d still like to share some of the ideas that I’ve implemented that may not be out there, or a different implementation of the same idea. This sound a bit abstract, I know.
As of now, I only have home automation topics in mind, but I might start writing about other things.
Here’s some of the things I’m planning to write about in the coming month(s) -
- An overview of my home automation setup
- Controlling my air conditioner with keyboard shortcuts, cause why not?
- Controlling my bulb with my Mi Band, cause why not?
- Building my own (WiFi controlled) Ambilight for my PC (which also works with Home Assistant)
- Room presence detection using Mi Band (or any other cheap fitness band)
- Setting up an environment to quickly deploy applications